Monday, March 4, 2013

SHINee's 3rd Album - Chapter 1 ‘Dream Girl: The Misconceptions of You’

SM, why do you have to divide the album into two? (as if I'm not already broke). Sob2..
I somehow like the weird and unique cover.
A pretty normal SM packaging, where you have the CD on the left and the photobook on the right.
Disc 1 - CD
01. Spoiler 
02. Dream Girl 
03. Hitchhiking
04. Punch Drunk Love 
05. Girls, Girls, Girls 
06. Aside
07. Beautiful
08. Dynamite
09. Runaway

There are some good songs in this album, but honestly, non of these stand out for me except for Dream Girl. I was expecting more from them. Their previous album tracks are far better.They seem to be going for the 80s type of songs, which is actually one of my favourite genres but not for these songs. I'm sorry.

Now, moving on to the photobook.
I don't know, I'm not really liking the pictures either. Wow, I'm starting to sound like an anti, which I'm not, trust me. I love SHINee. I mean, some pictures are okay but there are those blurry/pixelated photos on some pages which I really don't like. They did this photoshoot for hours, you'd think they would choose the better ones. Not to mention those typical empty white borders. And what is up with the random animal in every group's album? Like, how is the horse related with the album as a whole? =_= (but it's a cute horse nevertheless)
 As for the photocard, I got Onew's again. Sighs, I was hoping I could get other member's photocard since I already got his.
I guess one of the only things I'm satisfied with this album is the poster. Its huge. :)

Overall, I have to say that I was disappointed with this album. It just didn't live up to my expectation. I hope Misconception of Me will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment